firstwriter.com is a writers' resource site, designed to help writers find markets and get published. It provides four extensive databases, all of which are updated almost every day, and include powerful search facilities to help writers find exactly what they need. Writers can try out any of our databases for free before subscribing:
- Competitions: Dozens of poetry and short story contests [Try it out]
- Magazines: Thousands of magazines publishing fiction, nonfiction, and poetry [Try it out]
- Literary Agents: Hundreds of literary agencies representing work to the top publishers [Try it out]
- Book Publishers: Over 1,000 book publishers that don’t charge fees [Try it out]
firstwriter.com also provides the following advanced features to help writers with their search:
- Saved Searches: Writers can set up to 15 search parameters specific to their work, save them, and then access the search results with a single click whenever they log in.
- Personal Notes: Writers can add personal notes to listings, visible only to them and fully searchable – helping them to organise and act on their results.
- Reminders: Users can set reminders on listings to notify them when to submit their work, when to follow up, when to expect a reply, or any other custom action.
- History: Subscribers can track which listings they’ve viewed and when, helping them to organise their search. Any listings which have changed since the user last viewed are highlighted for their attention.
Daily email updates
firstwriter.com provides a daily email alert service, meaning writers can specify their particular interests and we’ll send them automatic email updates when we change or add a listing that matches them. So if a writer is interested in agents dealing in romantic fiction in the United States they can have us send them emails with the latest updates about them – keeping them up-to-date without them even having to log in.
Our agent, publisher, and magazine databases all include a user feedback feature that allows our subscribers to leave feedback on each listing – giving subscribers not only the chance to have their say about the markets they contact, but giving a unique authors’ perspective on the listings.
Save on copyright protection fees
Writers who are sending their work away to publishers, competitions, or literary agents will usually want to first protect their copyright. Subscribers to firstwriter.com can save 10% on the copyright registration fees normally payable for protecting work internationally through the Intellectual Property Rights Office.
firstwriter.com also publishes a free monthly newsletter – described by one publishing company as “the best in the business” – providing articles, news, and interviews of interest to writers, and sent out by email to over 35,000 subscribers.
Visit the website
Visit firstwriter.com at https://www.firstwriter.com